Friday, July 29, 2011

Sarks in the Park

The best breakfast in town (so far). I have been desperately searching things to keep my days occupied, and this morning I decided to go to breakfast at Sarks in the Park on Clark St (that's a lot of "ark" sounds!). It was absolutely delicious. It sits on the garden level of a condo building on the corner of Clark and Fullerton, next to a Chinese restaurant. It is a quaint little store front, somewhat reminiscent of the coney islands in Michigan, and when I arrived at 9:45 there were 3 - 4 couples eating. I ordered the french toast and a cup of coffee. The toast was brioche (or something like it), but it had a bit too much cinnamon on it for me. However, it was still quite delicious. The rest of the customers had egg dishes and those looked amazing as well. I'm still not used to prices for breakfast yet, but it was pretty standardly priced ($7-$9 a plate). I will definitely be visiting again!

After breakfast, I walked down to Best Buy to get printer paper, and wandered back through the neighborhood. It was a lovely walk, although the humidity was in the high 80's. Drippy. When I arrived home, I watched tv for a while, but soon became lonely again. This time, I decided to walk the mile up to Trader Joe's and get some Three Buck Chuck (I actually really like their Pinot Grigio). It was a good walk and much needed. It's better if I'm "out and about" in the city, than sitting at home.

I've started making daily agendas to keep from getting bored and melancholy. It's working pretty well, actually! I use my small white board above my desk, write down what I want to get done and then have the pleasure of crossing it out when I'm finished! I know this won't last forever, but I still have another week before life gets busy again. I'm enjoying the time I have, even though I miss my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment