Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little scary . . .

So, living in Chicago brings both the good and the bad.  I was on my way home from work today, driving down Kedzie, and noticed a group of high schoolers all dressed in white walking quickly down an abandoned part of the road toward another group of kids dressed in red.  My initial thought was,  "Boy that's a little strange and rather disturbing."  Not 15 seconds later, as I was driving down the road, I heard three gunshots and saw a dozen or more people scatter like jack rabbits.  As I drove, I saw people come out of their businesses looking in the direction of the shots, and then a cop car screamed by.  There was no denying it.  I just drove by a gang shooting.  About a minute later five more cop cars pulled out from the local high school with their lights flashing, where a group of women stood anxiously awaiting some news.  Then an ambulance, fire truck and another ambulance.  My heart was racing and I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that this is just over a mile from my school.

The not so good part of living in Chicago.

Chicago Tribune article

No comments:

Post a Comment