Sunday, August 5, 2012

The beach and Frances'

This picture is definitely not from my wanderings this morning, but I just downloaded some pictures from my camera and thought this came out really well.  I went for a long walk up to North Avenue Beach a couple weeks ago and took this from a pier that goes quite a ways into the water.

This morning I went to breakfast at Frances' with Joy.  They honestly had some of the most heavenly french toast I have had in quite a while.  We walked in and were a little shocked by how loud it was - it seemed as if all the noise was just reverberating off the season.  But once you get used to it, you can really enjoy the atmosphere.  It's a great little deli that has been in Lincoln Park for almost 80 years that has outside seating and a room where the front window completely opens up.  It was so beautiful this morning (about time!) that everything was opened up and the breeze was absolutely lovely.  Joy had a great fried egg sandwich with spinach, avocado and loads of other goodness.  The Bloody Mary was the perfect amount of spiciness with plenty of goodies and the coffee kept coming.  It was reasonably priced, and I will definitely be going back to this place SOON.


No comments:

Post a Comment