Monday, May 25, 2009

&nb
This weekend, instead of staying around to suffer through the scorching heat of Phoenix, we took a little journey northwest to Kingman. One of our good friends, Signpost, teaches there and we often make excursions to escape our concrete jungle. Now, if you have never been to Kingman, it IS on the way to Vegas and the Hoover Dam, but that is about it's only redeeming factor. It is a relatively small city that sprung up around the mining industry and Route 66, however, once the mining industry took a nosedive, so did Kingman. It's a nice break from the big city, but I must admit, I am not sure how Jon has survived out there for two years, alone. I would claw my eyes out from boredom. I digress.

We drove out Saturday afternoon and went straight to the campground via a 12 mile road, which slowly crawls up the side of a 6000 foot mountain. The actual campground was secluded, and sat directly atop of one of the mountain peaks with stunning views on all sides. It was quite windy, thus the name "Windy Point Campground," and my new tent got a work out! However, my good ole' Sierra Design performed beautifully :-)

We also had a chance to climb a hill on the far side of our campsite, which contained these enormous mounds of boulders on the top of the hill. Eric climbed almost the entire way to the top, while I came close behind. I am definitely not quite agile enough to make it as far as he did, but with practice I'll be able to keep up. He's going to see if there are any places around here where we can do a little bouldering. I absolutely loved it. The views were incomparable, and it actually took a lot of strength and gave a pretty good work out :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment